Sunday, July 12, 2009

Over the phone

I was supposed to get a recharge today. Around 1-30, I decided on going down to the grocery store outside college and getting my phone recharged. I was unsure of the time till when the shop was open. So I decided to call the owner of the shop and ask him when he was planning on shutting shop. Upon calling, he told me that he was just in the process of shutting his shop. I told him that I urgently needed to get the recharge and that I couldn't do without it. I had been a regular customer to his shop so he knew who I was. The moment I mentioned my problem, he promptly asked me for my number and the amount of the recharge. I was pleasantly surprised and gave him the details instantly. The next minute I got a confirmation of the phone recharge. I was delighted by the whole experience so I asked him about when I could pay up. Hearing that, all he said was, "Kya bhaiya? Yeh sab toh chalta rehta hai. Aapaaj nahi aayenge toh kal aayenge". [This is part of business, sir. If you don't come today, you will come tomorrow".]

SERVICE RATINGS
a) Reliability: 5 ( Every single time that I have gone to that store, I have been able to get my phone recharged )
b) Assurance: 5 (The shopkeeper was able to successfully assure me that there was nothing to worry about)
c) Tangibles: 4 (He didn't make me wait on the line and responded immediately. Also, he was capable of recharging my phone immediately)
d) Responsiveness: 5 (He offered to recharge my phone over the phone even before I mentioned the thought)
e) Empathy: 5 (He was quick to realise that I was in distress and offered to help immediately)

[ 1 = Poor, 2 = Fair, 3 = Good, 4 = Very Good, 5 = Excellent ]

No comments:

Post a Comment