Sunday, July 12, 2009

Laundry Service ...

The other day, I went down to the laundry room by the mess to get a couple of trousers and formal shirts pressed. As I fiddled with my wallet to find change to pay, I was asked: "Do you have a monthly account with us?". When I inquired about what that entailed, I was told that all I had to do was pay a sum of Rs. 300/- per month, and they would then be taking care of all the washing and ironing needs for me.
Being the lazy person that I am, I agreed to the offer after slight deliberation (notwithstanding the fact that we actually have a couple of washing machines in our hostel). In fact, a similar situation had occurred to me to me in the 1st year also, when I had agreed to a similar offer from the dhobi for a sum of 250 per month.
Later, I had started to regret my decision, blaming myself for being over-indulgent at a time when I am not earning a pence. However, today I got back my back the clothes from the first load of wash from the laundry room, and I have to agree that it looks much better than what my clothes used to look when it came back from the dhobi of my first year - no soiled collars, no dirt on the sleeves, no wrinkles inside the folds. Today, I can gladly say that for once I am happy with my decision to take up the bulk laundry service offer.

SERVICE RATINGS:

a> Reliability - 5 (Although I have given clothes to the laundry only once each for press and washing, on both occasions the delivery has been to my room and before the due date, which incidentally is two days post receipt )

b> Assurance - 4 (Since the laundry room is located just below our hostel, there is always that assurance that our clothes will not be lost, unlike in case of the other dhobis; further, with the delivery of the first load of clothes, I've started believing in their value proposition of 'impeccably clean clothes in two days' too)

c> Tangibles - 2 (Since they use the laundry room for drying purposes too, it does lead to a certain degree of 'visual pollution', with moist garments of all sorts hanging overhead causing distress in particular to taller people)

d> Empathy - 3

e> Responsiveness - 5 (Till date I have never had to face problems with the responsiveness of this service)


[ 1 = Poor, 2 = Fair, 3 = Good, 4 = Very Good, 5 = Excellent ]


No comments:

Post a Comment